Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Atypical Metamorphosis - Learn to Fly or Crash and Die

The ability to "just be" is a grand luxury I inherited at conception and am pleased to still have.  At times in my life I have been labeled by others and am glad to know that all but very few label me as loving, kind, caring, selfless (a saint), funny, helpful, thoughtful, trustworthy, inspirational, creative, resilient, and strong. My father told me once I was a "real card" when I took a moth resting on the inside of his screen door and released it on the outside ... I embrace being a "real card" and it would be impossible for me to be anything other.   


The wind took me to the Corner Bakery in La Habra, California, at 7 a.m., a day or so ago, I ordered a scrumptiously delicious slice of cinnamon crumb cake and an old-fashioned lemonade, sat down to write and began to ponder.


Some talented woman is tinkling the ivories in the background, I sway to and fro and remember days gone by. Memories from as far back as being a pre-teen and traveling to New York from New Jersey via the bus, the trolley and the subway, sucking in the air as deeply as I could to savor the aroma of bread baking at the Wonder Bread factory; ... to the day more   recently when sitting in this exact spot sharing stories and catching up with dear friends.


As opportunities come and go we can choose to fly against the wind or go with the flow, as for me I am choosing to ... fly with the wind.





No comments:

Post a Comment