Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, March 28, 2011

Silver City Farmers' Market

The Silver City Farmers' Market held a Gardening Expo / Seed Exchange / Fundraiser this past Saturday. I enjoyed it more than I had anticipated and it brought back to light the reasons we chose to spend the rest of our lives here. Carlos,Esther, Ferebe, and I carpooled. As we drove along to the Convention Center I mentioned my fleeting thought of the possibility of offering Nadya Suleman a remote place to raise her children, a place where it would be difficult for the media to be continuously in her space. I suppose a helicopter could hover there for a while to shoot some photos, or maybe the Goodyear blimp could hover and do the same, nonetheless, I am all for making life interesting. Of course my friends think I am nuts, or as they put it, "that's not something we would do." Esther even blurted out, "I'm gonna call Ralph!" 


When we arrived I didn't realize it was going to cost to get in!! But, alas it was just $1... my kind of place :)
Didn't know there was going to be food ... and GOOD food it was, Posole, Butternut Squash Soup, Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce, and freshly baked whole grain breads. Many desserts were offered that I barely glanced at so that I could resist them, but I glanced long enough to see that they too would have been scrumptiously delicious. Esther and I asked the cook for her posole recipe. I was surprised there was no pork or lime included because I tasted both! Surprisingly also was the that she uses frozen hominy and she bakes the hominy, which gave it a great flavor. Vegetarian and Yum!


Andrew Dahl-Bredine entertained us with beautiful music making the event all that much better. For alink to what you may have missed click here http://silvercityfarmersmarket.blogspot.com/ and plan to be there next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment