Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Making Nocino

http://www.guntheranderson.com/liqueurs/nocinoro.htm

Rob Connoley co-owner of  The Curious Kumquat restaurant in Silver City New Mexico put a call out on Facebook for green walnuts and I had just noticed the green walnuts on our trees, so I contacted him and offered a walnut picking afternoon to him. I asked for his recipe and he directed me to several on the web. The day after he and I picked walnuts for his batch of Nocino I decided to try it for myself. During Rob's visit I learned many things from his repertoire of knowledge and also became richer personally (he had dropped 50 cents outside of where he parked his vehicle and I found it the next morning) hehe, I feel like such a little kid, finders keepers losers weepers, haha ... okay enough, I ventured further out from where we had foraged the green walnuts to find my batch to make into Nocino and found just what I needed and left some for the squirrels. (My father won't be happy about that, he wanted me to pick all of them and starve out the squirrels, send them packing away from the wires under his car that they had chewed a few years back, costing him grief and $250 plus dollars to repair.  Here is my batch of Nocino sitting in the sun.





Next year I'll make Nocino and Pickled Green Walnuts

http://18thccuisine.blogspot.com/2006/06/pickled-green-walnuts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment